Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Children of today

When I think about children of today I think about how they lack in their own imagination. I think the biggest problem is that they don´t have to use it anylonger as they did before. The toys they play with are so detaild that they don´t need to use their imagination and the TV and the computer games make them sit still and they don´t wanna go outside and play anymore.
As and adoult and soon to become a teacher I think it is important that I trie to stimulate my pupils in my class. That I try to make them see that they are good at what they do. I think it´s important that I don´t criticize them when they, for example are playing or drawing. It´s better that I trie to encourage them and make them see the best of what they are doing.
We have a responsibilitie as adults to stimulate and encourage our children to make them understand that they doesn´t have to be best of everything and that they don´t have to make a perfect picture and so on...
Children of today must be taught that they are their very best of what they do and as an adult we must stimulate them to want to move foward and not give up so easy.




2 comments:

  1. Your text is very true and I do agree with you. You have a good heading but you haven´t made any paragraphs. Which are very important in this assignment. You can for example make a paragraph by skipping one row. I also think that you sometimes write to long sentences. You could think about that and make them a little bit shorter next time. I mainly mean the sentences of the last half of your text. When the sentences are that long it can be difficult to follow and understand their meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts are very interesting and I agree with you in some points. It’s great that you will encourage your students to be aware of their selves.

    When you write your text, think about to have a space between the different paragraphs. Your text also covers many children but I think it’s important not generalizing all children. Plenty of them love to move around, but it’s important to encourage those who not doing that, just as you said. Maybe do shorter sentences next time, so it’s easier for the reader to follow your text.

    I wish you all luck with your coming students and hope you find out a lot of great activities./Mia

    ReplyDelete